Tuesday 22 December 2009

First shoot:

I organised my first shoot to be done at my house on a convenient ILP day with Catherine O’Brien and Ryan Carroll. It didn’t really matter where i filed – seeing as i was shooting it against a green screen.
I set it all up in my front living room where the lighting appeared best. The shoot was really good, we encountered no problems and everything went smoothly until i uploaded the footage. When i first attempted to edit the green screen away i realised it wasn’t lighted efficiently, there where slight shadows, making me realise how sensitive the software is to pick up the certain shade of green needed for it to work. Everything i shot that day was now unable to be used, causing a lot of frustration in the fact that i came to realise how difficult i have made this project for myself. The only positive thing i can say that came from this mistake is that i know where i have gone wrong now, and will hopefully avoid the same situation on the next shoot. To try avoid the same situation i may talk to the drama teachers to use the drama studio lights, this way the lighting will wash the shadows out of the green screen rather than attempt to use lamps, which will most likely be inefficient.

No comments:

Post a Comment